Saturday, June 2, 2012

Chair modification!

I have these kitchen chairs, right? They are from a set that I've had for...EVER. They've been taken apart, re-assembled, packed away in storage, moved four or five times from one home to the next, and they have taken a beating. My son has left his mark upon the cushions many times, and I, too, have spilled food stuffs on them repeatedly. The original cushions were a very light beige, so it was bound to happen that they'd show their age at some point.

Below, a picture of the original chair is on the right.


I re-upholstered all of them, in two different styles, to brighten up my kitchen and give these sturdy old-timers some new life.


Would you believe the upholstering fabrics are pillowcases from the thrift store? Yeah! I'm not sure I'm happy with the blue fabric on red, but when I tried the green fabric on red it looked far too "Christmas-y".

Then there's the mess I made with the spray paint...*sigh*...which my landlady refuses to let me live down. This is kind of annoying, because the red grass will grow out and she'll mow it, and I protected the rocks with cardboard, and only some of the paint made it on about thirty pebbles in the driveway. She tells me I'm going to "pay for those rocks"...so I just kicked them around, but I couldn't resist taking a picture to share here, first...LOL!


Yeah, I can hardly see the yellow either...oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment