Monday, April 23, 2012

Random # 18 - Furry Frolicking

So, I traveled to Vermont for the past four days.

And I mean I was constantly traveling.

It seemed the only truly calming and peaceful time I had (besides one evening and morning with my parents) was with a dear friend making spring rolls at her new house. Amidst boxes and clutter from her recent move, she and I were just as comfortable around each other as we'd always been...even though it's been nearly ten years since we've gotten to spend any time together! I'm pretty sure I'll have some random topics to blog about from this recent trip in future posts, but today we're gonna focus on the visits to the Dog Park.

My son and I took Dutch on two occasions, as we don't have our hometown dog park up and running yet, so any opportunity to let Dutch run free was taken advantage of! Here are the best pics I could get, as the rest of them are just brown, beige, and black blurs...


They all seemed to gravitate to the center of this park in Burlington, Vermont, where there is a structure for training and playing. Dutch can jump high enough to clear all of these objects, but wasn't ready to get up on the tube or boards. Seriously, Dutch? So, you can go over it but touching on the top is forbidden? Okaaaaaaay...


Typical butt-sniffing action galore.

I also noticed how they stick to playing with dogs their own size. There are moments when a bigger dog trots in and joins a group of "buddies", but they mostly play exclusively, and for an extended amount of time, with similar-sized pooches. Apparently, size does matter...

And the rest of these photos are just random silliness captured on the digicam...






That's my friend's daughter, who had just as much fun playing as the dogs did!
What a gem!




And I shall leave you with an image of Dutch-butt burned into your brain. Who doesn't love a butt that's ALWAYS wiggling? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment