Monday, April 23, 2012

Random #4.4 - Dirty Attleboro is catching on!

You all (as if I have more than one reader...lol) know how passionate I am about keeping things "green"...and also how disturbed I've been lately, upon moving to Attleboro, Mass., due to the over-abundance of rubbish lingering everywhere.

Well, I just found this video on WPRI.com, and I have to say I am absolutely THRILLED about it! Volunteers got together and cleaned up the historic burial grounds, not only to honor some of the late influential figures of the city's past, but also to celebrate Earth Day, which was this past Sunday - April 22.

Check it out:

Volunteers clean up burial grounds in Attleboro, Massachusetts: wpri.com

Does your city do anything similar to a "clean-up" day? I do know in Vermont, there is a state-wide "green-up" day, where you simply go to the town/city clerk's office to pick up free green trash bags, then wander your neighborhood to pick up the garbage. When a green bag is full, all you have to do is tie it up and leave it out on the side of the road, and the town/city public works crew comes around the next day to pick all the green bags up and dispose of them in the landfill!

No comments:

Post a Comment